The Norfolk Baseball Association is pleased to sponsor a scholarship, in the amount of $1000, for players who have played in the Norfolk Baseball Association and are furthering their education beyond high school. The Norfolk Baseball Association is a non-profit, volunteer run organization whose purpose is to provide an opportunity for Norfolk children to play and learn the game of baseball, help to improve their skills and confidence, promote self-respect and respect for others, within a safe, fun and nurturing environment.
In order to be considered for the Norfolk Baseball Association scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Currently reside in Norfolk Massachusetts
• Have played a minimum of four spring baseball seasons in Norfolk Baseball programs
• Graduating from high school in the spring of 2017
• Continuing their education in the fall of 2017 at an accredited college, university, or vocational school
• Personally, available to participate in the Opening Day ceremonies of the Norfolk Baseball Association and receive the award in person on Norfolk Baseball’s Opening Day Saturday April 29th, 2017 at the Freeman Kennedy School in Norfolk Massachusetts
To be considered for the Norfolk Baseball Association scholarship, applicants must:
• Complete the attached information form
• Submit an essay (approximately 300 words) that shares a memory, lesson learned etc., from your experience in Norfolk Baseball that will help prepare you for your future.
• Mail the completed application and essay to the Norfolk Baseball Association at the address below. Submissions must be postmarked no later than Friday, April 7, 2017.
Mail submissions to:
Norfolk Baseball Association
Post Office Box 176
Norfolk, MA 02056
The Trustees of the Norfolk Public Library review all submissions and recommend the winning entry.
Click on the following link to download the application form: Norfolk Baseball Association Scholarship